The 1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance
"The Grassroots of the Great Lakes!"
The 1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance are a group of like minded Tea Party and 9/12 groups who cooperate and work together for common goals on statewide issues. We do not deal with local or regional issues
All groups in the 1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance are completely autonomous and the 1st MTPA has no authority in the internal business of a member group.
There are 2 types of membership within the 1st Michigan Tea Party Alliance, FULL MEMBERSHIP and AFFILLIATE MEMBERSHIP. For both types of memberships, groups must be verified through our vetting committee.
FULL MEMBERSHIP: All Full member groups attend monthly meetings and are full voting members. Full members groups also are responsible for paying annual dues,(which pay help pay for events, web site, and other organizational costs).
An FULL member group must meet the requirements for listing on the web site and be vetted by our vetting committee.
AFFILLIATE MEMBERSHIP: All Affiliate members are able to obtain a listing on the 1st MTPA web site only. This is great for a group that does not have the time to attend meetings but wants the visibility of listing on the 1st Alliance web site.
An Affiliate member must meet the requirements for listing on the web site and be vetted by our vetting committee.
Listed groups must be defined as a Tea Party or 912 group.
We are limited in listing groups by the following definitions:
1. Our listed groups must have a regular membership.
2. Our listed groups must have regular meetings at least every other month.
3. Our listed groups must be in Michigan and regional in scope, meaning they are not over the whole state of Michigan.
4. Our listed groups must be in support of the U.S. Constitution and Michigan Constitution.
5. Our listed groups must have been referred by another member so we know someone can verify the group is a Tea Party or 912.
6. Our listed groups must be groups that are not tied to a political party.
7. Our listed groups must not be single issue.
8. Our listed groups must not be in favor of forming a third political party.
For more information or questions on membership, send us an email to email@example.com